Beauty is an active, outward expression ofeverything you like about yourself.
We work painstakingly to create hardworking products that are not only good for your body, delivering real benefits for beautiful skin, heroic hair and fabulous faces; but that also help you to feel love for yourself – real self-love - in a truly holistic way.
- At The Body Shop, we prioritise the use of natural ingredients, natural origin ingredients and those that are biodegradable, rooted in biotechnology and green chemistry, all from ethical and sustainable sources.
- We select the most powerful of nature’s change agents, the most potent bio-actives from plants.
- We concentrate bio-actives to deliver superior performance.
- We conduct clinicals with dermatologists, large consumer tests or advanced in vitro measures, to ensure that all our products deliver real skin benefits.
- 100% of the benefits we claim are scientifically supported.
- We continuously collaborate with Research and Development labs across Natura & co., to get the best from our experts in different scientific fields across the group. Joining our expertise for more powerful results for you just seems the smart thing to do.
- We don’t compromise on performance, efficacy or ethics. So, you don’t have to either. You get it all.
This means we have 1,835 banned or restricted ingredients. The majority of these are regulated by law but we feel we need to go further.
Parabens, Mineral oils, Petrolatum derivatives, Formaldehyde donors, Cyclosiloxanes, Triclosan, Phthalates, Sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS), Cocamide DEA, MEA & MIPA, Methylisothiazolinone and genetically modified organisms.
So, our list of restricted ingredients grows asinformation evolves, and as safer alternativesare discovered or produced.
We never stop pushing forward and creatingan environment for positive changemaking.
We are always, always guided and motivatedby science and not flimsy marketingarguments, polemics or diatribes.
All our formulae are tested for safety by a dermatologist or an ophthalmologist.
PROMOTING SELF-LOVE AND POSITIVITY, FOR MIND, BODY & SOUL
• We create products that really work. For you.
• We never retouch of manipulate bodies in theimages that we create. Or promote impossiblenotions of perfection. Bodies are beautiful justthe way they are.
• We encourage the concept of beauty as aholistic connection between mind, body andsoul.
• We never overpromise on potency, power,potential or possibilities, by faking, fudging orfalsifying.
• And we create effective, hardworking productsand routines that also promote self-love.
Diversity & inclusivity matter
Anyone can talk the talk.
When it comes to inclusivity, it’s no different.
It’s why we create genderless products foreveryone.
It’s why we now test our products with panelsof 100+ people, of different ethnicities andgenders.
And it’s why our casting is diverse acrossgenders, ethnicities, sexualities, body shapesand sizes. Because we know that society isbeautifully, wonderfully and thrillingly varied.
So, why not open the door wide and celebrateit?
WE ARE ON A JOURNEY
And creating real change. For you. For us all.
So, every ingredient we use and every new product we create is there because it works hard for your body, without compromising on safety and ethics.
And we will never lose sight of that.
At any cost.
Discover our skincare, body care and haircare vegan products.
Introducing our most wanted, most loved beauty products for your hands, skin, lips and hair - they’re bestsellers for a reason.
Say hello to the new kids on the block. Discover new arrivals from fragrances to skincare and makeup must-haves.